If you are a landlord and you own a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO), you may need a HMO licence. A HMO is a building or a part of a building (such as a flat) that is occupied by more than two persons living as more than one household. Not all HMOs need to be licensed, for further information on houses in multiple occupation and how this may effect you as a landlord, please speak to one of our representatives.

To Protect Tenants In HMOs From Poor Conditions, The Government Regulates:

  • The quality of the accommodation
  • That you or your representatives are suitable to manage a HMO
  • That you do not have too many people living in your HMO
  • That HMOs considered high-risk are monitored.

The HMO Licensing Team Deals With All Aspects Of HMO Licensing Such As:

  • Helping you through the application process
  • Assisting with any events after your licence is issued, for example if you wish to vary the terms and conditions of the licence to increase the permitted number of tenants, or to change the people names on the original application
  • Helping you to renew your licence when the old one is due to expire.